Welcome to another edition of "The Good News".
Well what a year it has been!! I can't believe we are already at the pointy end. In the vineyard we are just flowering now which is a lot later than normal, but all vines are looking healthy & well. Especially with all this rain we have been having, fantastic. Apart from that it has been head down bum up here dealing with the excitement after the win "Best Riesling in the World"!! What a whirl wind.
We hope you all have a fantastic Xmas, enjoy the break if you get one. Hopefully we can top it next year.
Cheers, The team here @ Paulett Wines.
BEST RIESLING IN THE WORLD
11th Canberra International Riesling Challenge.
Neil Paulett is the proudest winemaker in Australia after bringing home four individual trophies for his 2005 Aged Release Polish Hill River Riesling at the 11th Canberra International Riesling Challenge last week.
Amongst some of the World's finest examples of the variety, the 2005 Paulett's Aged Release Riesling beat all comers winning Best Australian Museum Class, Best Dry Riesling in the World, Best Riesling in Australia and the competition's highest award, Best Riesling in the World.
CELLAR DOOR WINE FESTIVAL
South Australias first state wine festival.
Fri 25th - Sun 27th February 2011 @ Adelaide Convention Centre, North Tce, City.
The stellar line-up includes 100+ wineries including Paulett Wines, from across the state, including internationally acclaimed wines to local hero award-winning legends... it's got everyone's tastebuds salivating! Book your tickets now.
- Regional Wine and Food Trail - showcasing a 'taste' of each region... wander through at your leisure to chat with the winemakers, sample wines and regional produce!
- Top up your own cellar - purchase full bottles of wine from more than 100+ wineries and take advantage of some incredible show specials!
- Master Classes - interactive talks and tastings with iconic wine identities, local SA microbrewery tastings, wine and cheese matching... plus the launch of Wine Australia?s first consumer A+ Australian Wine Master Classes!
- A+ Australian Wine SA Varietal View - tasting area featuring grouped wine varietals from all across the state. What's your favourite?
- Regional Farmer's Market - after sampling wines and produce on your walk through the themed regional areas, head over to enjoy regional tasting platters, barbeque plates and gourmet desserts!
Tickets now on sale at Ticketek- be quick, limited allocations for VIP Festival Entry and Master Classes -Standard Passport Entry $20-/ Concession $18-
JOHN HOWARD & PAULETT WINES
Early December brought John Howard to the Clare Valley. We were pleased to hear that he was partial to a cold glass of white. Pauletts catered the wine for the lunch which was well received. Especially by John!
Neil Paulett & John Howard enjoying a cold Pauletts PHR Riesling.
2007 PHR Shiraz
Dark and distinguished with vibrant crimson hues
Nose; Blackberry fruit with spice and a chocolate lift with ripe tannins and quality oak show on the nose.
Palate; An elegant long palate with spice and mocha undertones. Always an even balance of subtle oak, grape acid and an elegance.
2007 Andreas Shiraz
Selected from the ancient block, picked late in the season, hand processed through our 80+ year old Mintaro slate open fermenters and matured in our best French & American oak barrels for 30 months. This wine is the hallmark of Polish Hill River Shiraz.
Richness of flavours, spice, berry fruits, chocolate and mocha, coupled with the harmony of fruit, acid and tannin make up the rewarding mouth feel and ultimate enjoyment of this wine.